Make sure to snag your FREE copy of “25 Things Every Young Professional Should Know by Age 25” by Danny Rubin! Full of smart tips to take the work world by storm. Click here for your free copy!
by Danny Rubin
On Monday, Forbes released its annual ranking of the richest people on the planet. The billionaire list has some familiar names (Bill Gates, Warren Buffett) and a few newcomers (Tory Burch, Nick Woodman).
Mexican business tycoon Carlos Slim once again claims the top spot with a whopping net worth of $73 billion.
The rest of the top ten:
2. Bill Gates (computers) — $67 billion
3. Amancio Ortega (Zara clothing line) — $57 billion
4. Warren Buffett (investor) — $53.5 billion
5. Larry Ellison (Oracle) — $47 billion
6. Charles Koch (businessman, political activist) — $34 billion
7. David Koch (businessman, political activist) – $34 billion
8. Li Ka-shing (businessman, richest person in Asia) — $31 billion
9. Liliane Bettencourt & family (philanthropist) — $30 billion
10. Bernard Arnault (businessman) – $29 billion
OK, that’s a lot of billions in one list. While it’s fun to ogle the wealthiest people in the world, it’s far more productive to learn how these magnates made their money.
The SMARTEST way to succeed in your 20s? Start a blog. News To Live By has improved my professional skillset in 101 ways. If you want to start a blog, I highly recommend Bluehost. Free domain name, one-click WordPress installs and 24/7 live support staff. Need more? Click here for nine profound lessons you’ll learn from blogging.
If you’d like detailed instructions on how to get started, visit this handy page on my blog.
8 Secrets of Success from the World’s Richest People
Below are articles (and a video) on several billionaires from the Forbes list. Enjoy!
1. Carlos Slim: The Secrets of the World’s Richest Man
2. Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett’s Ten Secrets to Wealth and Life
3. Amancio Ortega: The Secrets of Zara’s Success
4. Larry Ellison: Why It Pays to be a Jerk — And What It Says About Leadership
5. Michael Bloomberg ($27 billion): Bloomberg’s “Secrets To Success” At Fordham Graduation
6. Nick Woodman ($1.3 billion, developed the GoPro camera): The New Innovative Billionaire
7. Sara Blakely ($1 billion, created Spanx): 10 Lessons I Learned from Sara Blakely That You Won’t Hear in Business School
8. Tory Burch ($1 billion, fashion executive): Tory Burch Taking Fashion World by Storm
Which billionaire on the Forbes list do you admire most and why?
© 2013, Danny Rubin
March 4, 2013
One line from the classic rap put a school system on full alert. Here's what happened -- and what it means for our own voice mails.
March 6, 2013
Don't just waste the day to and from your job. Make the most of your time with these podcasts.